Updated: Oct 16, 2020
Whether you’ve had your makeup done before or are new to this I thought it would be awesome to give you some tips to help make sure that your makeup looks amazing.
Here are my tops tips for how to prepare for your makeup application appointment so that your makeup lasts and looks amazing.
Before your appointment:
1. Drink lots of water and get plenty of rest the day before.
2. Lightly exfoliate and moisturize your face the night before your appointment.
3. If you like to tan apply sunless tanner/spray tan 2 days before.
4. If you wax your brows/lip/face this is best done 1 week before.
5. Any skin procedures like facials, peels, treatments, etc. should be done at LEAST 3 weeks before your appointment.
6. Avoid lash lifts or tints unless you do not want any false lashes.
7. Let your artist know if you have any allergies or skin conditions.
Day of your appointment:
Come with Clean Skin
One of the best things you can do to prepare for your appointment is to come with fresh clean skin. You don’t want to waste precious glam time during your appointment for your artist to clean last night’s mascara off.
What to wear
Wear a loose neck shirt so you can easily change into your outfit afterwards. Never wear your going out outfit to the makeup appointment. Accidents do happen and you wouldn’t want your clothing ruined on you special day. Preferably wear something you don’t mind getting makeup on and where the artist can see your neck and décolletage to be able to provide you with the best foundation color match possible.
Bring Some Makeup Inspiration Pics
If you aren’t a subscribing member to all things makeup related, it may be a little difficult to put into words what kind of makeup you would like. If you want to make sure you are on the same page as your artist, be sure to show some pictures of looks you love or would like to try. You can start with celebrity photos on Pinterest, that should help you gauge what makeup looks you are drawn to. Also, be open to the artists suggestions, as it is our job to create looks that will suit you best. Come with an open mind, here is your chance to step outside of your makeup comfort zone. Find Out What You Don’t Like
While you are on your inspiration hunt for beauty looks, also take note of what you don’t like. Tell your artist what eyeshadow colors you really despise, whether or not you’re a glossy lip kinda person, or if you really